Apartment Fire in Louisville
SERVPRO of South Louisville was called to the scene of a fire of an apartment building in the South end of Louisville. When arriving on the scene the tenants of the apartment building were gathering their belongings together as best as they could and trying to figure out what their next move was going to be.
Fires can be very traumatic and leave people displaced from there homes for months on end. Fires are traumatic enough when they are accidental. In this case the fire was started purposefully, the arsonist put a mattress in the hallway of the apartment building and poured gasoline on it and lit it on fire causing the whole building to be engulfed in flames.
Luckily no one was harmed in the fire but all of the tenants were left with smoke filled belongings and no where to go. One of the tenants is a veteran and was homeless two years ago. He feared he was going to be back on the streets again because of this fire. SERVPRO of South Louisville helped this man pack up most of his belongings, and helped him find temporary housing until his caseworker could find him something more permanent.
Our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened."