Fire at local nonprofit center
SERVPRO of South Louisville was ready to respond when a local nonprofit experienced a small fire in their physical therapy room at their convalescence center. This part of the building provides care for children who are in need of short-term, long-term, and respite care. Understanding the need of urgency to get the job started as quickly as possible, SERVPRO responded to the medical facility within the hour. The fire was caused by a fluorescent light bulb that short circuited in the ballast. Luckily, one of the medical staff members was able to grab a fire extinguisher and put out the fire. Unfortunately, the room was filled with soot and carcinogens from the extinguisher. Knowing that most of the children at the facility have breathing difficulties, time was of the essence to get the room cleaned and sanitized. A crew of 10 utilized Chem-Sponges, HEPA vacuums, SERVPRO oxide and much to clean and sanitize the area. The team cleaned all medical equipment and touch points on site and then utilized our Esporta machine offsite to clean all soft content items from the facility. We placed two Air Scrubbers with charcoal filters and one Hydroxyl Generator on site for 5 days to assist with the odors and pathogens. Once the job was complete the facility was able to reopen and resume much needed physical therapy for the children in need. At SERVPRO we pride ourselves in the work we are able to provide and the people we are able to help. "Like it never even happened."